Monday, July 27, 2009

Puzzled and Quizzical

I recently let a friend talk me into acting as Quiz Master for a Quiz Night run as a fund-raiser for the Hutt Valley High School Underwater Hockey squad. They were raising money to help them get to the National Finals in Christchurch in September.

It was a full-on evening - a big crowd, with lots of prizes donated by local businesses. Tres generous. So there were lots of things to give away as well as all the questions to get through. I even had to run a 'game' in the middle of it all - again to extort money from pockets.


There's always one who has to mug for the camera!

And if the company didn't keep your mind occupied, ...
I told you Christy - I'm just making it up as I go along!
You got me into this Lyn - you get me out of it!!
All-in-all, it was a successful evening. I didn't lose either my life or my voice, everyone seemed to have fun, and the Underwater Hockey squad raised a bucket-load of money.

No comments: